The humble dandelion. Gardeners hate it. Kids love to play with them. Herbalists see their true potential. This prolific plant is truly a gift from nature. Dandelion can be found in a wide variety of climates. This seems to be symbolic to the wide variety of uses herbalists have found for this sunshine-y plant. Leaf, flower, and root are used in a variety of herbal preparations.
Traditional Herbal Uses of Dandelion:
- High blood pressure
- Liver disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Weight Management
- Blood Purification
- Skin Conditions
- Bile Production
Did You Know?
Did you know these interesting facts about dandelion?
- The root is commonly roasted as an herbal coffee alternative. Especially when combined with chicory it has a similar flavor to coffee without the caffeine.
- The plant is edible. People will add young leaves and the flower to salad. The stems are also consumed and sometimes boiled as a noodle.
- Those with ragweed allergies or issues with plants in the Asteraceae family may have issues with dandelion.
- Dandelion closes up overnight.
- Coltsfoot is commonly mistaken as dandelion but is in fact a different plant.
- It will grow virtually anywhere but does best in rich soil with good moisture.
TriLight Health and Dandelion
UriCare is our UTI, Cystits, Bladder Inflammation & Kidney Infection Support Formula
Tri-Iron is our pregnancy friendly herbal mineral iron formula. It is the safest available all organic natural iron formulas and has over 21 years of safe use.*
TriLight Health employees are not licensed practitioners and cannot prescribe which products you should use. Our comments are educational. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, please see our pregnancy safe section. As with all our formulas, especially if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, please consult your health care practitioner before using products with any other medications. *Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.