Herb of the Day: Peppermint
Posted by TriLight Health on Dec 9th 2021
Today's herb may well be the most well-known flavor we'll cover on this blog. It's a flavor that the holidays would be incomplete without for millions of people. Peppermint is widely used both for its flavor and for its medicinal purposes. It is one of the most widely used herbs here at TriLight Health as well. Most know it as an herb to calm an upset stomach. However, herbalists traditionally use it for many other purposes.
Traditional Herbal Uses for Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
- Bile production
- Nerve support
- Stomach cramps
TriLight Health and Peppermint
We use peppermint in:
- Flew Away - Support during Cold and Flu season
- Yummy Yarrow with Elderberry - All Natural Fast Fever & Stomach Ache Relief for Children
- Tummy Plus - Herbal Stomach Problem Support
- Lungs Plus - Natural Flu Cough Herbal Medicine Relief for Respiratory and Lungs
- Soothing Salve - Healing Essential Oils for Cold Sores, Cuts, Rashes and More
- Lung Tonic - Respiratory Support - Pregnancy Safe
- Original Herbal Minerals - Multivitamin - Prenatal Vitamin All Natural Herbal Blend Pregnancy & Toddler Safe
- Blue Green Minerals with Calcium and Magnesium - Multivitamin Natural Supplement Extract
- NR Glow - Natural Remedy for Eczema and Immune Building - Children Safe Extract
- Hear No Evil - Earache Relief Ear Drops Children Safe Medicinal Herbs
- EarAche Relief Wellness Kit - Ear Infection, Earache, Ear Pain Relief
Note- Those taking homeopathic remedies may wish to avoid the use of peppermint as it may antidote the remedy. Consult your homeopath or holistic healthcare provider for more information.
A small portion of people find peppermint stimulating and choose to avoid it at night.