Holiday travel season is upon us. No matter how careful we are, this is the time of year where we often end up sick. Germs spread rampant on airplanes, trains, and buses. Everyone spending time cozy together as a family not only results in sharing stories but sharing illness. Nobody wants to have their holiday ruined by sickness. Nobody wants half the family out because they're sick. Herbs are excellent to help boost and support a healthy immune system. When sickness does strike herbs may help get you back to enjoying the holiday festivities sooner.
The Top Herbs for Holiday Travel
Herbs are excellent to have on hand during the holiday travel season. Packed in your travel kit you'll be prepared for anything that comes your way. We use all of these in various products. Many of these herbs are found in multiple products and work synergistically together. Don't forget our 2oz bottles are TSA carry-on approved and are the perfect amount for a short trip. Or have an 8oz bottle sent to Grandma's ahead of time so you'll have it when you arrive.
- Elderberry- One of the most popular immune supporting herbs. It is a favorite to use for immune building before sickness and as a first line of defense when sickness strikes.
- Ginger- While most commonly known as a digestive herb, ginger has many other benefits this time of year. It's a warming herb making it the perfect herb for cold winter days. Herbalists have also traditionally used ginger for menstrual cramp relief and motion sickness.
- Peppermint- This is another favorite herb for digestive related difficulties. Mint has also been used by herbalists to fight illness, boost mood, and relieve headaches.
- Chamomile- Perhaps one of the most widely used herbs in the world, chamomile is best known as a calming herb. It's also one herbalists turn to for calming the digestive system, easing tension, helping with sleep, and easing colic.
- Clove- An herb found in so many of our holiday dishes. It's a warming herb that is also traditionally used to help with digestion, inflammation, dental pain, and more.
- Licorice Root- No, we don't mean black licorice candy. We're talking about actual licorice root. It is commonly used for immune support, menstrual cramp relief, digestive care, and cough relief.
A lot of our customers like to make sure they're using one of our herbal mutlivitamins during travel as well. These can help fill in some of the nutritional gaps from less-than-healthy travel food. They also contain herbs traditionally known to support a healthy immune system. Several of the herbs listed above are found in our multivitamin formulas as well. Plus customers report they have an increase in energy when taking our herbal multivitamins which is always helpful during the busy holiday travel season. They taste great too so no fighting with kids to take their vitamins- the whole family will be amazed.
If you need help figuring out the best products to bring on your trip, please let us know. We're always more than willing to help you navigate all of our product options. Don't forget we offer a 30-day worry free money back guarantee as well.
Some of our most popular products this time of year are-