When most people hear licorice they think about candy. However, the flavor was derived from an herb. (Modern licorice candy tastes more like anise than licorice root) This herb is still used in culinary preparations- sometimes candy- and in herbal remedies. It has a natural sweetness that lends itself well to herbal preparations and is often added to enhance the flavor. A compound called glycyrrhizin accounts for the sweetness of licorice root, making it 50 times sweeter than sugar! A little bit goes a long way with this herb.
Traditional Herbal Uses of Licorice Room
- Cortisol levels
- Hormone support
- Immune support
- Weight loss
There are many more traditional uses of this herb- these are only a small fraction of the ways herbalists use licorice.
TriLight Health and Licorice Root
Licorice is one of our most widely used herbs. We use it in eight different formulas:
- Wild Cherry Coffaway - Cough Syrup
- Tummy Plus - Stomach Problems
- NR Glow - Natural Remedy for Eczema and Immune Building
- N R G - Caffeine and Sugar Free Energy Booster
- Female Formula - Herbal Remedy for Painful Cramps & Menstrual Cycle Problems
- Echinacea and Thyme with Elderberries - Immune System Booster / Builder
- BactaMune - Natural Immune Support during Cold and Flu season
- ALRG - Allergy Natural Herbal Remedy
As you can see, Licorice root has a huge variety of uses! If you're not keen on the flavor of licorice candy, don't worry, licorice root tastes quite different. The flavor is very subtle in our formulas and we've worked hard to create blends that taste great!
10% off all June 2022
no coupon code needed.
Add them to your cart and the discount will be applied. These formulas are available from $14.95 and we have TSA-friendly bottles for your summer travels!
Don't forget about our Worry Free Money Back Guarantee if you find a product doesn't work for you, no worries & no stress to get your hard-earned money back.